- Provide up to 4 images of each work (full image and detail shots).
- Image format: SQUARE, jpg preferred.
- High resolution, at least 300 dpi. Minimum 600 px by 600 px.
- Artwork photographed on a solid white (preferred) or gray gradient background.
- Photos of wearable pieces shown on the body are encouraged. All models have to be over 18 years of age and must be shown clothed. Full or partial nudity in an image is not allowed. Use neutral, non-patterned clothing if possible unless the clothing is the artwork itself or clothing enhances the viewer’s understanding of the artwork.
- Artwork should be the center of the photo/video and clearly interpretable. Choosing the optimal perspective and providing one or two detail shots is recommended.
- SA+C reserves the right to ask the artist to resubmit images that do not meet the above photo guidelines. The SA+C reserves the right to exclude artwork photography that does not meet guidelines after several failed attempts to redirect.
- Images must be clearly labeled
The submitting artist states that they are either the creator of the image(s) and/or video(s) taken of their artwork, or that copyright(s) have been granted to them in writing by a third party photographer/videographer.
Any disputes arising from SA+C’s use of image(s) or video(s) are being handled exclusively between the submitting artists and the copyright holder with no liability claims, copyright infringement claims, or any other claims made against SA+C at any point in time. The submitting artists and copyright holders grant explicit permission for submitted photo(s) and video material(s) to be used in any and all promotional efforts the SA+C will undertake leading up to, for the duration of the SA+C consignment period and for an unlimited time period thereafter. These efforts may include but are not limited to print efforts such as postcards, posters, press articles; e-dissemination via email, online outlets, electronic newsletter dissemination, and social network outreach; as well as dissemination through technology that is at present unknown. Care will be given to credit the photographer/videographer wherever possible. SA+C will not compensate the copyright holder(s) for use of their materials at any point in time. The artist(s) and copyright holder(s) understand that images/videos posted in a public online environment are transferable onto other websites and media, and that such transfer is outside of the control of the SA+C. Artists and copyright holders of submitted image(s)/video(s) understand that posting images and videos publicly online poses a risk that may include third party copyright infringement of the artwork itself or of the copyrighted photo or video. The SA+C bears no responsibility and will not be held liable for any such unauthorized use of copyrighted material(s) either when taken from the SA+C website or when such material(s) were transferred to other outlets or used by other entities.