Calls For Entry
CALL FOR ENTRY REQUIREMENTS:
- Artist Bio (max 1 page)
- Images (5 clear images with high resolution, images of the whole work is preferred)
- Image Description Document (must include title, materials, & *retail price for each work)
Application Fee: $35.00
The Society of Arts and Crafts ‘Call For Entry’ form is open to all craft artists located within the United States. New England based makers are
strongly encouraged to apply as well as applicants of diverse media and backgrounds. We recognize that the evolving definition of craft includes
a wide array of media and techniques, and we encourage artists who are working outside of the traditional craft media (fiber, metal, wood, glass, &
ceramics) to make a case for their work in a cover letter. All works should be original and must be fairly recent (produced within the past 5 years).
A $35.00 entry fee will be charged with each application. The payment will be processed at the end of the application form via Paypal.
The Society of Arts and Crafts will only accept submissions through Formstack. Only submissions by the artist will be accepted.
Entries sent via email or by mail will NOT be considered.
GUIDELINES FOR ARTWORK:
- Up to 5 works per artist, per submission.
- All works must be for sale on a 50/50 commission percentage.
- The Society will accept installations that have been created in the past five years and not previously exhibited in a Boston museum or gallery.
- Depending on the install requirements, the artist may be required to be present for the installation of work.
- The Society prohibits wet paint, objects that shed profusely, open flames, spray (perfumes, hairsprays, etc.), dangerous chemicals, weapons, pressurized containers, live plants or animals, hazardous materials (explosive, flammable, or perishable), infested materials (visible mold, or insects), or anything deemed harmful to the premises and/or visitors.
- Anything questionable should be cleared by the Exhibition Associate.
- Accepted work may not be removed during the exhibition.
- The Society will review and contact artists for exhibition purposes as they see fit.
- Please note that completing the application ensures the Society will review artwork but it does not guarantee that your work will be accepted into an exhibition.
- Artwork misrepresented or considered unsuitable for presentation will be refused.