The Society of Arts + Crafts is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community. We believe in the inherent worth and dignity of every individual, and we stand firmly against racism and all forms of discrimination.
Our mission is to support and celebrate craft makers and creativity. We build and sustain a vibrant and diverse community and shape craft’s future. And we recognize that achieving this goal requires a collective effort to dismantle systemic racism and promote justice. We acknowledge that racism exists in various forms, both overt and subtle, and we are dedicated to actively challenging and eradicating it within our organization and the broader community.
Key principles of our anti-racism commitment:
- Inclusivity: We strive to create an environment where everyone feels welcomed, valued, and respected. We actively seek out and amplify the voices of marginalized communities.
- Education and Awareness: We are committed to ongoing education and awareness-building around issues of racism and inequality. This includes providing resources, training, and opportunities for open dialogue.
- Representation: We recognize the importance of diverse representation at all levels of our organization. We are actively working to ensure that our leadership, staff, volunteers, and partners reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
- Equitable Practices: We are dedicated to implementing and maintaining equitable practices in all aspects of our work, including hiring, promotion, program development, and resource allocation.
- Collaboration: We actively seek partnerships with organizations and initiatives that share our commitment to anti-racism. By collaborating with others, we aim to amplify our impact and contribute to a broader movement for positive change.
- Accountability: We acknowledge that achieving our anti-racism goals requires ongoing self-reflection and accountability. We are committed to regularly assessing our progress, learning from our experiences, and making necessary adjustments to advance our anti-racism initiatives.
We strive to contribute to a more just and equitable society by embracing these principles. Our commitment to anti-racism is an integral part of our organizational identity, and we invite our community to join us in this ongoing journey toward positive change.
Thank you for your support and partnership.
The Society of Arts+Crafts
Staff and Board of Trustees